I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School in Wellington, New Zealand. I am in Room 15 and a member of the amazing Huia Syndicate. My teacher is Stephanie Thompson.

Thursday, 6 June 2013

Cross Country

It was a normal Wednesday ...
Then it appeared ...
The Tawa Intermediate Cross Country!
Last year I had came 73rd I had to do better

It crawled over us there was no way out
Until a beam of light came through on the projector
As the videos were going on it stopped almost like a power outage
YEAR SEVEN GIRLS a familiar voice yelled
The video went back on it wasn't easing the stress
YEAR EIGHT BOYS the voice yelled
It was time,time to race

The blood was pumping intensely
I couldn't turn back
The race had started!
I was running with Ethan and Archie...For five seconds
I had to beat my best time 16:50
All I was thinking about was getting a good spot

Half way through the race I couldn't run any longer BUT
I had to like my life depended on it
After that encouragement I sprinted the rest of it
And picked up 72nd place with a time of 13:40

I was proud but I could've done better





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve my learning.